Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back on the Blog

Wow, I haven't used this in almost 2 years! A lot has happened in that time...
  • At the start of 2012 I moved to Killarney Vale on the Central Coast of NSW with my folks.
  • I finished my 2nd year of uni at CSU at the end of 2011.
  • I applied to go to UNI at Ourimbah (Newcastle University), but after having a lack of motivation to study, being indecisive about whether I wanted to continue to study teaching, and suffering a wrist/elbow injury since Christmas 2010, I elected to defer for 6/12 months.
  • As I write this blog, I've already had an Ulna Nerve Transposition completed on my left elbow, but have to have the surgery re-done as I've ripped the internal transposition by doing too much physio.

I've been thinking about this blog for a while and why I should/shouldn't use it.

When I first applied for UNI I applied for a Sports Journalism course and have always had a keen interest in sports, mainly the NRL. I got accepted into the course but cited there 'not being enough jobs', and chose teaching instead. So I'm going to write some articles like I have previously on the NRL, mainly match reports or opinion pieces.

I might also use this as some sort of journal/diary to my life as I am now.

Basically the reason I'm going to write a few things is the same reason I started the blog before, I'm laid up with injuries and if I don't have something to do, I go bonkers & become depressed.

So I will post match reports/stories via facebook and twitter =)

Here's my arm after surgery #1 too...... Adios, Maxi..